Hints, Tips, and general information - Page 2
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    6.8 SPC Lover

Great job getting this started! Hopefully new tips and tidbits of advice will continue to add to this thread. Now- if we can just get them to read this! You can lead a horse to water, but-

01 FFL, NRA, GOA, NAGR
    "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."
    ~Elmer Davis

01 FFL, NRA, GOA, NAGR
    "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."
    ~Elmer Davis

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com lifer

What a great idea for helping inexperienced AR builders. Thanks guys. Hope you can build up a really good sticky post easy access for problem solving.
    NRA Life Member
    Believer and Supporter of "The Constitution"

68Forums.com lifer

This may be common knowledge, if so delete it. I've read many topics here concerning poor gas block alignment and here's what I do to assure the gas block is positioned correctly. I only use set screw gas blocks. I slide the block on and position it so the rear set screw hole is close to aligned with the dimple, install and tighten the set screw and allow the rounded leading edge of the screw to push/pull the gas block into perfect alignment relative to the dimple. The set screw will actually move the block that teensy bit you need for centering. I then install the front set screw with some blue loctite on the threads, let it set up, remove the rear set screw and use blue loctite and re-install. With BCM blocks the rear set screw will also be below flush if you've hit the mark. Regardless the block used, the rear/dimple set screw will be further into the block than the muzzle end screw.

All the above is moot if the dimple is not drilled in the correct spot, but ARP hasn't failed me
    There is a Clique, I ain't in it, Signed, Paranoid Deplorable

New to the 6.8

Quote Originally Posted by Rascally View Post
    I will have to check it next week when I go to the range but if this diagram is correct my brass is about at the 2 o'clock position...what can I do to readily fix this? Thanks in advance all
    "Everything that I am is because of my ancestors"

"Aim small, miss small"

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy68 View Post
    I will have to check it next week when I go to the range but if this diagram is correct my brass is about at the 2 o'clock position...what can I do to readily fix this? Thanks in advance all
    I was trying to keep this thread just for the actual hints and tips and not directly for troubleshooting individual rifles, otherwise this thread could get pretty jumbled up and hard to find what you are looking for......can you start a new thread with your problem/question? In short you are over gassed

Also I don't mean to be snarky...but this thread was meant for people just like yourself in need of help to read it for common problems and fixes so the same questions don't need to be answered over and over again.....the picture you are referring to has the ways to fix your problem right on it if you read it. (You can try a stronger spring, a heavier buffer or carrier, or an adjustable has block). ....

Please don't take this the wrong way as this thread is here to help, sorry if it comes across wrong.
    Last edited by Texas Hog Man; 09-28-2016 at 12:34 PM.

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

New to the 6.8

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hog Man View Post
    I was trying to keep this thread just for the actual hints and tips and not directly for troubleshooting individual rifles.....can you start a new thread with your problem/question? In short you are over gassed

Also I don't mean to be snarky...but this thread was meant for people just like yourself in need of help to READ it for common problems and fixes so the same questions don't need to be answered over and over again.....the picture you are referring to has the ways to fix your problem right on it if you read it.
    sorry, got carried away. Thanks
    "Everything that I am is because of my ancestors"

"Aim small, miss small"

6.8 SPC Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    I use a method very similar to this, except I use an allen key just small enough to snugly fit into the pivot pin holes. 60% of the time it works every time.

68Forums.com lifer

Great thread...hope to see more. thanks guys.
    NRA Life Member
    Believer and Supporter of "The Constitution"