Hints, Tips, and general information - Page 3
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    6.8 SPC Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hog Man View Post
    Over-gassing barrels will kill accuracy
    Before drilling out gas ports check everything else. The number 1 most common mistake made by builders is not aligning the gas block over the port in the barrel. With AR15Performance barrels it is simple...install the rear set screw of the gas block in the dimple. You don't need to measure from the shelf to the back of the block like many posts here say, some have a .265" back space and some have a .298" back space. It is a simple thing to align, stick the rear set screw of the gas block in the dimple on the bottom of the barrel.
    If a barrel is over-gassed the carrier will start moving while the bullet is still in the bore. The movement of the carrier will shake the rifle and destroy accuracy.
    If you find yourself with an over gassed barrel install an adjustable gas block and tune it.
    TBC

Shooting tips. Lots of ways to shoot, lots of opinions. ARs are not bolt guns, sometimes it takes shooting a different way.
    DO NOT shoot off of the hood or bed of your truck or car, use a good rest and rear bag.
    Pull the stock firmly into your shoulder.
    Squeeze the trigger and hold it back(follow through)
    Higher power ARs with short barrels may need some front end control to obtain the best accuracy. Try placing your left hand out on the forward end of the handguard pulling into your shoulder and down onto the rest. (written By AR15performance)
    HB Industries alignment tool will take all the guess work out of installing a gas block. It's easy to use.

68Forums.com lifer

Some one always worries about head spacing, this article from JSE covers head spacing but also covers much of a build. Their comments of cleaning the extension chamber and the bolt are spot on.

We could ask JSE to use their article or just look at this link to the article. This explains a lot of questions! Maybe H can comment on his take of this article?

http://www.emailbrain.com/eb_members...er%40usa%2Enet

68Forums.com lifer

Default mag lip and spring adjustment

http://68forums.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1248964678

before is in the back, after is in the front

self explanatory pic on how to adjust lips

before spring tweak

after spring tweak

Last edited by Texas Hog Man; 09-28-2016 at 12:44 PM.

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com lifer

I have two PRI magazines that keep jamming my pistol and it's pissing me off.

Rounds 3,4, and 5 keep nose diving. Also while,hand cycling does the same thing where next round is only slightly pushed forward and flattens noes. Happens with xm68gd and 120SSTs.

Going to try the above tips and report back. Happens with all lowers and multiple uppers.

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Buell056 View Post
    I have two PRI magazines that keep jamming my pistol and it's pissing me off.

Rounds 3,4, and 5 keep nose diving. Also while,hand cycling does the same thing where next round is only slightly pushed forward and flattens noes. Happens with xm68gd and 120SSTs.

Going to try the above tips and report back. Happens with all lowers and multiple uppers.
    in addition to the above i enlarge the cut out area just in front of the bullet nose, dremel it down so the case rim doesn't hit it when hand cycling. the new CPD have it already enlarged
    There is a Clique, I ain't in it, Signed, Paranoid Deplorable

68Forums.com lifer

bump this to the top to help guys that are having problems lately

LUCK

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

68Forums.com lifer

Default ejector rounding

LUCK