6.8 SPC Forums banner

Two boars in two minutes, big ole cutters

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  elkbow 
#1 ·
After I was done hunting with the Pure Hunting (www.purehunting.com) TV crew, I put in a couple of nights by myself and took 3 hogs.

The video is of the first two boars taken minutes apart. The video gives the details. One of these days I'll hook up a mic that is closer than 2' away on my computer lol.

I also took this 100 pound sow, but I jacked with video settings on my DVR and it didn't capture the video:

See less See more
1 3
#5 ·
We've got a lot of ugly hogs running around right now, I have to find that boar that is doing all the breeding and give him some lead medicine lol

Maybe this was him

#6 ·
...and people wonder why i hunt hogs with a 25 rd mag. These things are usually in thicketts or swamp lands where I live. I don't know if i got the stones for a night time festivities. Last time i got charged at 50yrds. Ruined all the meat and my pants.

#11 ·
Nice hogs there Dave, congrats. Yer boy gettin' the itch to get in on the fun too?

#15 ·
Hey Dave,

What DVR do you have on that?

John
Its one that I created, well I modify. There are two problems with thermals, one with losing the inner horizontal crosshairs which plague almost all thermals, and the other is some horizontal line noise out of the Armasight thermals.

So, for the Armasight noise I built a filter that removes the noise, you will see it in most Armasight video's on youtube unless they are using my cable. I built the filter in to the cable. It makes the video really clear.

The other issue with thermals losing the inner horizontal crosshair was much harder to solve. I had the signals on the oscilloscope making changes first in the filter, then I worked with the manufacturer of the DVR's, was like pulling teeth to get schematics out of them, but finally did and changed a few parts in the DVR, not easy considering they are tiny SMD parts. So have the crosshairs show up all the time other than on the new Armasight Pro, which works for most of their crosshairs, but I don't have one to test to make further changes. I did test on the ATN Thor, crosshairs are there.

#23 ·
Thanks. Notice the blurriness on the left side on the first hog, I think that was the lens cap. I was standing for the shot leaning the gun somewhat against a center post in the blind window, or could it have been the sun since it was just going down off to my left?

#20 ·
Nice shooting and great video ELKBOW!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.