6.8 SPC Forums banner

Good News from Federal / ATK...!!

18K views 117 replies 59 participants last post by  Dude-Sweet 
#1 ·
Received this message from Bob Meinert this morning....

Kerry,

You made a compelling case for the 6.8 community.

We're running 6.8 in Fusion 115 gr and American Eagle 115 TMJ very soon. I'm assuming most of the run is allocated to backorders, and should distribute across all channels of trade. Once it's on the street in October, users might sound off on the message boards on where to best find it. I will follow up if we get to a stocking status after the fill.

If you're curious, F68MSR1 bullets are made in Lewiston, ID, and loaded in Anoka, MN. Four in my family will load our ARs with it this fall. I believe in our bonded jacket tech for whitetails as much as any other bullet we load, it just flat out performs.

I'm happy to report the turn of events here and thank you for your continued support and feedback. It's great to see user insights feeding production decisions. Feel free to share this info with the forum.

Thanks,
Bob

Bob Meinert
Senior Manager, Insights
ATK Sporting Division

900 Bob Ehlen Dr.,
Anoka, MN 55303

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Kerry, more ammo is always a good thing.

#5 ·
Wonder what the FMJ loads will be running price wise? Epically when I see the XM gold dots in the 60 cents per range.

#9 ·
I can't speak for Bob... but in conversations face to face and in emails, my impression was that due to the recent massive feeding frenzy for ammo...all resources were utilized to fill demands for bread and butter 5.56 / 7.62x51....et al.

All new product line expansion was simply put on the back burner until the highest demand rounds could be delivered.

Now that ammunition demand is getting back to some semblance of normalcy....old projects are now being revived.

Back orders for 115g 6.8 that have been listed on multiple online sites.... will now be filled.

They weren't going to focus on 6.8 until the huge demand for 5.56 could first be met.

#8 ·
Thanks for the representation Kerry. Please also pass along our gratitude to Bob Meinert, and Federal/ATK. I am a fan of Federal 5.56 ammo and can not wait for Fed AE 6.8 to be on the shelves along with their hunting ammo.

Also agree with those above who would like to see the 90 gr Gold Dots ammo available.

#49 ·
Thanks for the representation Kerry. Please also pass along our gratitude to Bob Meinert, and Federal/ATK. I am a fan of Federal 5.56 ammo and can not wait for Fed AE 6.8 to be on the shelves along with their hunting ammo.

Also agree with those above who would like to see the 90 gr Gold Dots ammo available.
Always have a sweet spot for Federal. The make some fine ammo.

#11 ·
:a05: This...this is good news. :a01:

I'll be looking to try the AE for sure! Hopefully we'll see the Fusion show up on the shelves of our local stores again as well. It sure made it easier to sell those unfamiliar with the 6.8 that ammo WAS available.

F68MSR1 bullets are made in Lewiston, ID, and loaded in Anoka, MN. Four in my family will load our ARs with it this fall.
I think this speaks as loudly as any gun rag article or ad.

#12 ·
Increased ammo availability at the retail level will also reignite interest in the 6.8 for those who have been sitting on the fence.

This.... combined with a cost effective plinking round from S&B bodes well for additional growth and acceptance of the 6.8

#17 ·
Fusions have been in stock here in Bozman Mt. at Sportsmans Warehouse for at least 3 or 4 months.

Knowing those bullets are made in Lewiston makes me like them even more.
I own a house there overlooking the Snake river and I can see the ATK plant down the river from it.
Next time I go inspect it I may have to go knock on a couple doors.

This is all really good news!

#18 ·
Add another great big THANK YOU!

#19 ·
Please for my ignorance on this question, but since there will be American Eagle ammo will this mean that that case will be LC. Like it is for 5.56. Or will it be a Federal case? I know the title says "Good news from Federal", I just wanted to check just to make sure.

#20 ·
I believe that all 6.8 cases will be marker FC as they are now...but that is just speculation on my part.

#23 ·
This place and the members/moderators are just awesome. NICE WORK Kerry thank you!

90GD and a 100 grain Fusion as projectiles, please.

Loaded 90GD and 100 Fusion and TMJ's on every shelf, please. :)

(Yes I threw in the 100 grain Fusion although it doesn't exist because I want it to exist).

#24 ·
I want 100 gr Fusions to exist, too!

I don't know why but I have always felt that a 100gr 6.8 bullet would be perfect for my intended uses. Good speed with good energy down range that is fast enough for what I want for coyotes and big enough for deer. I know there are current offerings, but the accubond is too spend for me and the Speer 100 HP has a crappy BC and I don't really care to use it for deer. So we need a 100 gr Fusion!

#26 ·
I was saddened to see the 115grn MSR Fusion Peter out.

I will try the AE version once it is available at local sources. I am not a big mail order ammo guy as I like to see it then grab it.

Thanks for the dedication & heads up Bro!

More ammo @ broader availability only plays well for the cartridge.

#33 ·
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.