.25-45 Sharps - Page 2
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .25-45 Sharps

68Forums.com Team Member

There is one in the works that is based on the 6mm Mongoose case necked up to 6.5, or down to .257, I don't remember which. The Mongoose was designed to push the heavier bullets in 6mm from a 5.56 based case, and does that very well, so if that can be done with the larger bore it will beat the .25x45.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    ISRA Member
    US Navy Combat Vet 1970-1974

When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance becomes Duty. Thomas Jefferson
    Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! Barry Goldwater

68Forums.com Industry Partner

A test I did for a fellow with 117's. None of the loads showed being MAX at these levels.

Greg
    Last edited by GLShooter; 04-22-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    CHECK OUT BHW'S OWN FORUM FOR GREAT INFORMATIUON

6.8 SPC Fan

I have a 25-223 in a savage bolt action with a 23.5" lilja barrel. It prefroms really well with 75-110gr bullets, 3100fps down to 2700fps. I have a longer throat and use it as a single shot, so I'm not limited to AR15 mag length. It's a really good round in a bolt action and I have shot it out to 1100 yards.

In an AR the 6x45 is better for general use with 55-87gr, Id rather shoot 6.8s for 85-120gr though.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I know where I come from
    How 'bout you?

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

The .25 caliber is overlooked in my opinion.

New to the 6.8

I run this caliber, it was my first AR. I love it. I have gotten good accuracy from quite a few different bullets. Mine is a 20" barrel. Have not run them over a chrono as I don't own one. The 70 gr BlitzKings are devastating on varmints and very accurate. Don't have my load data with me right now but will post it later. I have loaded up some 100gr Partitions and Ballistic tips and had to load way down to get them to a 2" group. I did get to chrono these and with I'm thinking around 23 gr of powder I was getting 2330 fps out of them. I didn't want to push these too much as there is no load data and SRC advises against using them. They use a RN for their 100gr+ bullets because it's bearing surface is longer then a spitzer type bullet. With the 100gr bullets I am at the edge. I can't seat them any deeper or I will crimp on the oglive and can't hang them out any longer because of magazine length. I have talked to a few people and their answer was to trim some off the neck. I haven't tried this yet and not sure I want to.

New to the 6.8

I run this caliber, it was my first AR.  I love it.  I have gotten good accuracy from quite a few different bullets.  Mine is a 20" barrel.  Have not run them over a chrono as I don't own one.  The 70 gr BlitzKings are devastating on varmints and very accurate.  Don't have my load data with me right now but will post it later.  I have loaded up some 100gr Partitions and Ballistic tips and had to load way down to get them to a 2" group.  I did get to chrono these and with I'm thinking around 23 gr of powder I was getting 2330 fps out of them.  I didn't want to push these too much as there is no load data and SRC advises against using them.  They use a RN for their 100gr+ bullets because it's bearing surface is longer then a spitzer type bullet.  With the 100gr bullets I am at the edge.  I can't seat them any deeper or I will crimp on the oglive and can't hang them out any longer because of magazine length.  I have talked to a few people and their answer was to trim some off the neck.  I haven't tried this yet and not sure I want to.

New to the 6.8

So its a 75 gr Sierra BlitzKing and I get sub M.O.A. with 28.5 gr of H335. 2.245 C.O.A.L. and 20" barrel

Search tags for this page

25 45 sharps vs 223

25-45 sharps forum

25-45 sharps upper for sale

25-45 sharps vs 6x45

25-45 vs 223

25x45 sharps review

6x45 vs 25-45 sharps

6x45 vs 25x45

Click on a term to search for related topics.