270AR load data only - Page 3
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 119
  1. #21
    New to the 6.8
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Here are the results from this weekend. The 150 vld' shot much better than I expected.

    Bullet: 85 TSX (this wouldn't cycle my gun)
    Powder: AA2200
    Temp: 60
    Brass: New Creedmoor
    Coal: 2.28
    37.8. 3457
    38.1. 3464 (hot)
    38.4. 3427 (hot)

    Bullet: 100 Accubond
    Powder: H335
    Temp: 66
    Coal: 2.295
    Brass: New Creedmoor
    35.5. 2949
    36. 3039
    36.5. 3045
    37. 3093

    Bullet: 120 SST
    Powder: 8208
    Temp: 66
    Coal: 2.295
    Brass: New Creedmoor
    36. 3010
    36.5. 3045
    37. 3097

    Bullet: 150 VLD
    Powder: Lever
    Temp: 66
    Coal: 2.349 (windowed mag)
    Brass: New Creedmoor
    33.5. 2442
    34. 2553
    34.5. 2566
    35. 2590
    35.5. 2639
    36. 2653
    36.5. 2679 (kind of hot)
    37. 2773 (hot)

  2. #22
    6.8 SPC Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Oak View, Ca
    Posts
    319

    Default

    I know this load looks high but I used an Oehler 35P at the range and checked it multiple times, I fired about 20 rounds. Tested for velocity only, no accuracy yet.

    LC 308 brass shortened, reamed and turned.
    Berger 130 Classic Hunter
    Fed 215 primer
    N530 34.7 grains
    Consistent FPS of right about 2950
    Primers a bit flat with slight cratering. Have not tried to seat a new primer in them yet.

    All rounds fed easily from G1 PRI 15 rnd 6.8 mag loaded 7 at a time and no FTE or FTF. I expected about 2800 FPS, chrono is brand new and very easy to use. Other loads showed about what I expected in 6.8 and 308.
    Last edited by offduty; 03-18-2015 at 09:56 PM.

  3. #23
    68Forums.com Industry Partner
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    exploring the area under the curve
    Posts
    11,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by offduty View Post
    I know this load looks high but I used an Oehler 35P at the range and checked it multiple times, I fired about 20 rounds. Tested for velocity only, no accuracy yet.

    LC 308 brass shortened, reamed and turned.
    Berger 130 Classic Hunter
    Fed 215 primer
    N530 34.7 grains
    Consistent FPS of right about 2950
    Primers a bit flat with slight cratering. Have not tried to seat a new primer in them yet.

    All rounds fed easily from G1 PRI 15 rnd 6.8 mag loaded 7 at a time and no FTE or FTF. I expected about 2800 FPS, chrono is brand new and very easy to use. Other loads showed about what I expected in 6.8 and 308.
    That is screaming. Maybe the lower case capacity is just right for the N530.
    AR Performance 6.8 SPC, 5.56 & Grendel barrels.
    complete uppers-



  4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    6.8 SPC Lover
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    734

    Default

    yes that is where i am at with the 26 inch, i can get some n540 but can't find any n530

  6. #25
    6.8 SPC Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Oak View, Ca
    Posts
    319

    Default

    ​I was surprised for sure, still need to check for accuracy. No doubt I will chrono it again along with the 120 SST and 100 AB. I keep looking for more N530 as well, fortunately I got about 5 pounds left. I too wondered if it had something to do with less case capacity. Hoping that is true as I have 1000 cases I am making up and its a lot of work and time.

  7. #26
    68Forums.com lifer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Anywhere Texas but the big cities
    Posts
    2,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by offduty View Post
    ​I was surprised for sure, still need to check for accuracy. No doubt I will chrono it again along with the 120 SST and 100 AB. I keep looking for more N530 as well, fortunately I got about 5 pounds left. I too wondered if it had something to do with less case capacity. Hoping that is true as I have 1000 cases I am making up and its a lot of work and time.
    Better check your primer pockets first lol. I was running around 34.5grs of n530 with Nosler BT in Winchester brass getting around 2850. Primers flat as a pancake and one primer fell out the case.

    sounds like the LC brass may be the cats meow.

  8. #27
    New to the 6.8
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Great performance. I was getting 2915 out of 8208 but have since backed the load down a bit as the primer pockets where done after about 3 to 4 firings on the creedmoor brass. I have done very little development with my .308 Win brass. Might have to change that.

  9. #28
    6.8 SPC Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hunting Texas with AR Performance barrels !
    Posts
    332

    Default 270AR - Kreiger 26"

    Range day for the 26" Krieger - 270AR..
    Caught a day between rain/wind to hit the range and test out the 257 Bobcat, and my newest 270AR barrel.

    Velocity over my Oehler 35P chrono.
    Conditions: started at 50 degrees, No wind. Ended at 75 degrees, wind 10-12 at my 8 oclock.


    270AR Krieger 26" Lapua 6.5x47 converted brass
    130 Federal Fusion pulls (Rocky Mountain Reloading)
    CCI 450 2.298" oal
    IMR 8208
    Grns Vel avg ES SD
    35.5 2846 22 9
    130 Federal Fusions pulls
    CCI 450 2.298" oal
    Leverevolution
    Grns Vel avg ES SD
    36.7 2760 11 7
    37 2740 8 5
    37.3 2789 20 14
    37.6 2824 40 28
    37.9 2837 23 16
    38.2 2872 52 36
    38.5 2865 66 46
    38.8 2914 18 12
    130 Nosler Partition
    CCI 450 2.298" oal
    CFE 223
    Grns Vel avg ES SD
    37.8 2763 55 29
    38 2761 10 5
    38.2 2777 2 1
    38.4 2792 55 28
    38.6 2808 30 21
    110 Nosler Accubond
    CCI 450 2.298" oal
    IMR 8208
    Grns Vel avg ES SD
    35.5 2939 19 10
    36 2961 49 24
    36.5 2992 24 12
    37 3026 25 12
    Dennis
    Last edited by Homebrewer; 04-18-2015 at 10:04 AM.

  10. #29
    6.8 SPC Lover
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    Range day for the 26" Kreiger - 270AR..

    270AR Kreiger 26" Lapua 6.5x47 converted brass
    130 Federal Fusion pulls (Rocky Mountain Reloading)
    CCI 450 2.298" oal
    IMR 8208
    Grns Vel avg ES SD
    35.5 2846 22 9
    130 Federal Fusions pulls
    CCI 450 2.298" oal
    Leverevolution
    Grns Vel avg ES SD
    36.7 2760 11 7
    37 2740 8 5
    37.3 2789 20 14
    37.6 2824 40 28
    37.9 2837 23 16
    38.2 2872 52 36
    38.5 2865 66 46
    38.8 2914 18 12
    130 Nosler Partition
    CCI 450 2.298" oal
    CFE 223
    Grns Vel avg ES SD
    37.8 2763 55 29
    38 2761 10 5
    38.2 2777 2 1
    38.4 2792 55 28
    38.6 2808 30 21
    110 Nosler Accubond
    CCI 450 2.298" oal
    IMR 8208
    Grns Vel avg ES SD
    35.5 2939 19 10
    36 2961 49 24
    36.5 2992 24 12
    37 3026 25 12
    Dennis

    numbers look good and comparable to mine dennis.

    how you liking the krieger?

  11. #30
    6.8 SPC Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hunting Texas with AR Performance barrels !
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biggdawg View Post
    numbers look good and comparable to mine dennis.

    how you liking the krieger?
    Outstanding accuracy with 8208 and the 130 pulls.
    Need to test seating depth with Lever and 130's to tighten the groups a little - and keep the velocity..


 

Search tags for this page

270ar

,
270ar 18 barrel
,
270ar load data
,
270ar vs 7var
,
load data for 270ar
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •