270AR load data only - Page 13
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    6.8 SPC Fan

Default 130gr Fusions - Powder of choice

American Reloading had/has a deal of the day for 25% off all .270 projectiles including 130gr Fusion pulls.

I remember X-Men tested these in a 6.8 and found them to give excellent expansion at less than 2200 fps.

At 25% off, 250 of the Fusions was a touch less than $29.00 delivered. Too good not to get some to try out.

In reading the 270AR load data for the 130gr Fusions, 8208 and Lever seem to be the powders used most. Lever appears to produce about 75 to 100 fps more velocity than 8208, although both powders give velocity well above what is needed for reliable expansion.

Does anyone have feedback on which powder has the best potential for accuracy in an 18" ARP barrel?

I have 8208 on hand and if accuracy is similar between the two powders, don't feel an need to pursue trying Lever.

But, if Lever is the better accuracy wise, then will acquire a pound locally and give it a go.
    Harboring increased optimism in the survival of the Second Ammendment as a result of favorable recent events.

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloo Kid View Post
    American Reloading had/has a deal of the day for 25% off all .270 projectiles including 130gr Fusion pulls.

I remember X-Men tested these in a 6.8 and found them to give excellent expansion at less than 2200 fps.

At 25% off, 250 of the Fusions was a touch less than $29.00 delivered. Too good not to get some to try out.

In reading the 270AR load data for the 130gr Fusions, 8208 and Lever seem to be the powders used most. Lever appears to produce about 75 to 100 fps more velocity than 8208, although both powders give velocity well above what is needed for reliable expansion.

Does anyone have feedback on which powder has the best potential for accuracy in an 18" ARP barrel?

I have 8208 on hand and if accuracy is similar between the two powders, don't feel an need to pursue trying Lever.

But, if Lever is the better accuracy wise, then will acquire a pound locally and give it a go.
    you must have bought the only 130 fusions they had, they are OOS and extremely hard to find lately---I do not have data for the 270AR, but in my long load 6.8's I use LVR with just over 1/2 moa--33.6gr gets me 2690fps from my 20" barrel arp 5R barrel if that helps you any

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hog Man View Post
    you must have bought the only 130 fusions they had, they are OOS and extremely hard to find lately---I do not have data for the 270AR, but in my long load 6.8's I use LVR with just over 1/2 moa--33.6gr gets me 2690fps from my 20" barrel arp 5R barrel if that helps you any
    Thanks for the info.

Here is a link to what I assume are the bullets tested earlier.

https://americanreloading.com/en/270...ion-250ct.html

In double checking, they are OOS now. Must've gotten the last ones.
    Last edited by Waterloo Kid; 06-09-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    Harboring increased optimism in the survival of the Second Ammendment as a result of favorable recent events.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com lifer

yes, those are the unicorns

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

6.8 SPC Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloo Kid View Post

I've had better accuracy with 8208 and 130 grain bullets.
    The United States didn't abolish slavery. We just outsourced it to China.

6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Denny2277 View Post
    I've had better accuracy with 8208 and 130 grain bullets.
    Thanks Denny.

6.8 SPC Fan

Time will tell if those Unicorns actually arrive at my doorstep.

Keeping my fingers crossed they do.

Graf's has them at $0.17 per round .
    https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...roductId/72545

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Tsquare View Post
    Graf's has them at $0.17 per round .
    https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...roductId/72545
    Not the same bullet, the soft point is not the same as the fusion

6.8 SPC Fan

The Unicorns arrived today😊.

With only a visual inspection, they do look like Fusions. They are pulls, but have very little marking from the pull and only very light lengthwise marking from the crimp dragging as they were pulled.

It will be a while 'till some load workup is done, but so far they look like a bargain.

Search tags for this page

270ar

270ar 18 barrel
270ar load data
270ar vs 7var
load data for 270ar
Click on a term to search for related topics.