270AR load data only - Page 12
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    6.8 SPC Lover

I know the technique very well. After inspecting some of my cases, and a good chamber cleaning the lapua case hand loads are good to go. I found that I had not turned the necks down quite enough on the Lake City cases - so those got pulled and I will turn the necks a little bit more.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

6.8 SPC Lover

Will the Nosler 130 gr e-tip be a potential for this cartridge? It seems like it might work ... Or is it too long for the case in the 270 AR? Has anyone tried it already?

6.8 SPC Fan

Default 8208 Question

Hope this isn't to far off topic for this thread.

I recently put a 270AR together and am starting to do load workups.

In looking over the load data in this thread, I see where some are using as much as 37.8gr of 8208 XBR with 110gr and heavier projectiles.

When using 110Accubonds in converted 6.5x47 brass seated at 2.295", the powder starts to compress somewhere around 36.5gr. A 36.7gr charge is compressed at 2.320"

Are those using 8208 with charges above 36.5gr heavily compressing the charges?

Over the years I have slightly compressed charges of stick powder, but I am reluctant to compress the charge enough to get 37gr or more into the case.
    Harboring increased optimism in the survival of the Second Ammendment as a result of favorable recent events.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 SPC Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloo Kid View Post
    Hope this isn't to far off topic for this thread.

I recently put a 270AR together and am starting to do load workups.

In looking over the load data in this thread, I see where some are using as much as 37.8gr of 8208 XBR with 110gr and heavier projectiles.

When using 110Accubonds in converted 6.5x47 brass seated at 2.295", the powder starts to compress somewhere around 36.5gr. A 36.7gr charge is compressed at 2.320"

Are those using 8208 with charges above 36.5gr heavily compressing the charges?

Over the years I have slightly compressed charges of stick powder, but I am reluctant to compress the charge enough to get 37gr or more into the case.

I don't use 110's but are you using a drop tube? with stick powder if you use a drop tube you can get more in before compressing.

if you are compressing at 2.32 then you probably can't get much more powder in -- try a drop tube it may help.

6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by biggdawg View Post
    I don't use 110's but are you using a drop tube? with stick powder if you use a drop tube you can get more in before compressing.

if you are compressing at 2.32 then you probably can't get much more powder in -- try a drop tube it may help.
    I do lightly tap the filed cases on the bench, but will give a drop tube a try.

Thanks
    Harboring increased optimism in the survival of the Second Ammendment as a result of favorable recent events.

6.8 SPC Fan

Default Lapua creedmore brass

I just discovered this new brass. Which might be a good choice when forming 270 AR cases? Small primer too, which I think is a plus. If it forms as easily as regular creedmore brass, this would be the way to go, going forward for me. Who knows when I'll find some time to try it out though? Thanks

http://www.lapua.com/en/headlines/33...edmoor-is-here!

68Forums.com Industry Partner

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler View Post
    I just discovered this new brass. Which might be a good choice when forming 270 AR cases? Small primer too, which I think is a plus. If it forms as easily as regular creedmore brass, this would be the way to go, going forward for me. Who knows when I'll find some time to try it out though? Thanks

http://www.lapua.com/en/headlines/33...edmoor-is-here!
    One thing is for sure it has to be better than the crappy Hornady Creedmore brass.
    AR Performance 6.8 SPC, 5.56 & Grendel barrels.
    complete uppers-

68Forums.com lifer

I wonder if Bigdawg already tired to convert it to 270AR or 7mm Val brass?

6.8 SPC Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Ed308 View Post
    I wonder if Bigdawg already tired to convert it to 270AR or 7mm Val brass?

i have known this brass was coming for a while. i have not tested it yet but i think it will work good for the 270 i would be willing to bet we can just get by with a little neck turning or maybe even just a little neck reaming.

the dasher brass works for the valkyrie but not the 270 i have been testing it.

i will get the new creedmoor down the road and do some testing.

6.8 SPC Fan

Default 110TSX load with H335

Intended use: hunting
    Notes\Comments: Slight crimp
    Case manufacturer: Lapua 6.5 x 47 converted
    Case length: 1.646"
    Bullet manufacturer: Barnes
    Bullet weight and type: 110gr TSX
    Powder: H335
    Powder charge weight: 36.7gr
    OAL: 2.277"
    Primer: CCI Small Rifle Magnum
    Chrono data: Magnetospeed measured from 18" ARP 3R
    Avg Fps 2978 fps @35°f
    ES 36
    SD 18 (only two shots in this series)
    Accuracy @ 100yds < 1" Typically 3 or 4 rounds in a small cluster with one round opening the group to about 7/8".

Shoulder bumped .004" Primers show some change in shape but corners are not flattened into a sharp corner. I tried this load at 36.9gr and 37.1gr, but best accuracy was at 36.7gr.

Search tags for this page

270ar

270ar 18 barrel
270ar load data
270ar vs 7var
load data for 270ar
Click on a term to search for related topics.