Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here
    6.8 SPC Lover

Default PSA PTAC $189 upper review

I helped a relative sight in his Palmetto State PTAC 16" upper w/ 1:7 twist 5.56 w/ A2 front sight and non free floated tube a couple of days ago that was purchased during the PSA Black Friday sale for $189 without BCG and CH. External fit and finish was good. The inside of the upper receiver was a chalky dull color but was unnoticeable once the BCG was installed. Using $.40/ round fmj 55g brass loaded rounds, the ejection was 3:00 -3:30 with no failures to feed or eject after 50 rounds down the tube. Accuracy with this cheap ammo was around 1" at 50 yards. I expect that with a heavier round, reloads and more rounds fired, the accuracy would improve to the point this would be satisfactory truck or HD rifle to bang around. I would say it is gtg for a starter rifle for most who are not into long range varmint or bench shooting and don't want to spend so much cash.
    US Army Retired

68Forums.com lifer

Thank you for that review, Krorie. I've been curious about the PTAC line that PSA has started carrying, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. They get little play on another forum I frequent, so no info there. But then, on that forum they seem to have little time for new brand startups or innovation. For myself, I figure everyone was as unknown startup at some point. Thanks again!

Rascal

6.8 SPC Fan

I bought one to thow on a stag lower I had laying around. I slapped in the PSA BCG and I will post a report this week after I get the Vortex Sparc mounted that I also ordered from PSA for $150.... Will post a range report once I have been to the range.

Note: My PSA upper also had the chalk in it, but is not noticeable with the BCG installed. For a cheap upper 1" groups at 50 aint bad with factory ammo.

Good to know and thanks for the report.

Zak

68Forums.com lifer

Was the barrel chromed?

Or is Melontied?
    Last edited by RugerIte; 12-26-2013 at 11:27 PM.
    The VI POINT VIII Specification Eye Eye is Great!