6.8 SPC Forums banner

Tac-Con Trigger

5K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Team Helotes 
#1 ·
#2 ·
That sure is awesome. I hope the ATF doesn't start investigating the science behind trigger reset because this company is surely walking the fine line on what consists of single shot vs 3 round bursts.

#6 ·
Looking at the design, the 3rd mode makes swings a bar into position that makes the hammer push the trigger back to reset when the bolt carrier pushes the hammer back. Technically, it is still semi-auto and requires a new pull of the trigger for each shot. It will never reach the fire rate of a true automatic, but it's still impressive. I'm surprised this hasn't come about years ago. I'm also not $500 interested in this product, but they'll probably have a corner on the market for a long time. It'll be hard to play with the overall design.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk. Useless words may have been left to die on writing floor.

#9 ·
Looking forward to the report.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Ok as promised here is what I have to report.

First of all let me tell you how I came across this trigger system. I work the gun show for a local gun store here in town (which will remain nameless). Anyways the store owner is known for getting hard to find guns and items, which is part of the reason I work the shows for him. He managed to get 3 complete lowers from a tac con rep with the 3MR trigger already installed. I already sold 2 by the end of the Saturday show and only have one remaining, which will probably sell tomorrow.

Anyways the trigger feels like the description that tac con says http://tacfirecon.com/products.php , I will only add that in semi mode it reminds me of a 3G trigger, and in tac con mode you can feel the positive reset. It is a high quality trigger with zero creep, zero travel, and clean crisp break.

On with the test fire. I only got to shoot 10 rounds, I can see how you can get the bumping action going, but as with all these types of things it takes practice and some trigger time to get a rhythm down. If I had a few thousands rounds I could see getting it to perform like the video, but there is no way you will be pumping lead down range with the first mag. I would need more time behind the trigger to give a full report, so this is more of a teaser as I have no idea if and when we will be getting more. If I had the extra money to buy the rifle from the LGS I would get it but I am a working man and xmas cleaned me out.

Here are a couple of pics

http://

http://

#14 ·
I feel ya on the whole X-mas thing. It's cool you got to shoot one, first third party person I've heard from on the TAC-con trigger that doesn't write for magazines. Seems like a cool product. I think I like it because you can finally use the third position on your selector switch. The price seems a little high, wish it was around 300. I would buy a geiselle ssa and dmr before I bought a tac con and have two bad ass triggers instead of one. I shoot plenty fast with the SSA over stock, I don't know how much faster I would ever feel myself needing to shoot. However I could always be more precise hence the DMR choice. I'm going to be buying a few new triggers this year and unless something changes they will be geiselle's. But that goes without saying I do appreciate your time and effort in trying out a new product and reviewing it for us. Thanks!

#15 ·
I just wish I had more time to play with and see if I could get the bump fire singing. I guess I will have to wait till my LGS gets the trigger by itself and buy one off him. Who knows when that will be.

#19 ·
Here are some video's of media day at shot 2014 with Tac Con.

This first one is about what I experienced when using this trigger system, this the closest example of what I could get it to do with limited trigger time.

Skip to 2:55 to see the live fire, the beginning is the tac con guy explaining the trigger.

#20 · (Edited)
This next one is the guy who developed the trigger. I am sure he has alot of trigger time. Don't expect to be doing this right out the gate, but with alot of practice it could be done.

Skip to 2:28, the guy giving his thoughts after the live fire is a bunch of BS.

#22 ·
There are alot of biased reviews or just some folks that have no idea what they heck they are talking about. I did come across one guy that gave a honest review and what to expect when buying this trigger system.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.