Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Cascade Mountains/Central Washington.

Default New muzzle brake. Killer Innovations 5/8-24 5.56 & .308.

I was looking for a 5/8-24 muzzle brake for a 18" 6.5 Grendel build when I found this brake (Killer Innovations). Figured I couldn't go wrong at 49.95, seeing I was real close to picking up other brakes which were twice the cost. I have been using the Rainier Arms XTC lately. Once I received the brake I was more than impressed with the design, machining and finish. One well designed/ manufactured brake at a great price.

http://killer-innovations.com

On my fluted Lilja #7 contour.

Last edited by BiggerHammer; 12-08-2013 at 02:22 AM.

6.8 SPC Fan

I bet it's loud.

6.8 Member

I couldn't find any info on their site, just pics. Do they have color options other than SS? I does look nice, have you shot I yet?

The Cascade Mountains/Central Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by NTX68 View Post
    I couldn't find any info on their site, just pics. Do they have color options other than SS? I does look nice, have you shot I yet?

Here it is, they updated their site.

http://killer-innovations.com/?page_id=277

68Forums.com Industry Partner

Well, it looks cool, and those are very high quality photos.

68Forums.com lifer

One well designed/ manufactured brake at a great price
    OK price is good, but they need to make it in 6.5 and 6.8 bore sizes.

And it has to be tested against other breaks, loud is good. I am not talking about flash hiders, muzzle brakes reduce recoil usually to allow a faster follow up shot.

My best muzzle brake is on my Savage 10TR 308, a JP "Cooley" that reduces a 175 SMK in a 11 pound Savage to LESS than a 6.8 SPC, just a little more than a 77 GR 223! Reduces recoil by over 50%!!!!!!!!

The PRI for 6.8 is a little disappointing, it does reduce recoil on my 11 pound Savage 6.8 SPCII, but by about 20%.

I have a Savage 308 muzzle brake on my AR 6.8SPCII, it works well with just a little less recoil than the Savage 6.8. But the bore is way too large.

If they (Killer Innovations) want to loan me a 6.8 brake I will review it for them as I have 2 Savage bolt 6.8s and 2 AR15 6.8s. There is nothing better to quantify the recoil than to shoot the same bullets in different rifles back to back.

6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by breastroker View Post
    If they (Killer Innovations) want to loan me a 6.8 brake I will review it for them as I have 2 Savage bolt 6.8s and 2 AR15 6.8s. There is nothing better to quantify the recoil than to shoot the same bullets in different rifles back to back.
    Agreed...maybe a video too..

6.8 SPC Fan

I have the same brake that breastroker mentioned in his post #6 above.(JP's, Bennie Cooley comp. JPTRE-5.58B.925) on my new Rem SPS TAC chambered in 308Win. This weapon has a heavy 16.5" bbl and it came threaded 5/8 X 24. I shot some full powered 175gr SMK's and 155gr Palma's at the range about a week ago and the felt recoil was like my 6.8 Bison/AR. Loud.....?.....kinda....but who cares. A brake is a brake is a brake. If it "works as a brake...good enough for me.

Good Shootin' To All --- pruhdlr
    Last edited by pruhdlr; 12-23-2013 at 12:57 PM.
    "Why just dance when you can rock and roll".
    STONER 63A1

68Forums.com Team Member

I like Harrison's brakes at http://www.ar15performance.com/muzzle_devices ! They don't look as alien but they are very good.
    Last edited by amram; 12-25-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    14 Years IDF, 3 Years Israel National Police, Jersusalem Division, (currently inactive police reserve)
    Jews for The Preservation of Firearms Ownership / Gun Owners of America / NRA member

68Forums.com Team Member

I am all for things looking good but when did muzzle attachments become fashion accessories? We had better NEVER make fun of our wives again for having their purses and shoes matching.
    Join the N.R.A.
    Beware speaking with a sharp tongue as you are apt to cut your own throat.
    On the 8th day God created HKs.