6.8 SPC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 840 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Thanks for the offer but please don't waste money on me, spend that money where it's needed.
Hey I didn't say it was showing up next week! It's the least I could do for bugging the sh*t out of you. Props go where props are due. No arguments please.

I'll be back online this afternoon to post some projected ballistics, etc.

Cool cartridge! It's like a 7mm TCU but with the MUCH more awesome .277 bullet on top!

The reduced capacity of this cartridge might be ideal for shooting cast out of. This should really fill the gap between the .270 REN and the 6.8.

THS,

We've tossed this idea around in the past and I think it has merit.

Do you have dimensions for the chamber and cartridge?

Yeah I definitely need another job to fund cool stuff like this in the future. This forum is bad for saving money. My list for build is now at 5.. the 6.8 first and 4 wildcats... Nice pic in your sig line THS

Discussion starter · #26 ·
THS,

We've tossed this idea around in the past and I think it has merit.

Do you have dimensions for the chamber and cartridge?
I do! Already have: Reamer and Gauge drawings, proofed, reamer made and at the barrel maker to make my barrel, case gauge and headspace gauges available, custom dies being made from sample cases and reamer/gauge drawings. Just waiting for the dies and barrel to get here so I can load and shoot!

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Yeah I definitely need another job to fund cool stuff like this in the future. This forum is bad for saving money. My list for build is now at 5.. the 6.8 first and 4 wildcats... Nice pic in your sig line THS
Tell me about it...! And thanks! I will be able to post verified ballistics around January 1, and I'm in the process now of compiling a comprehensive projected ballistics chart to post. It's kind of big and a PITA so although I was hoping to post it tonight, we'll see.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Thanks Clint. Another member forwarded those to me this morning. Had no idea they existed, great read. I knew I wasn't the only person that had to have thought of it, and I'm moving forward with the design I have. I firmly believe that it will be successful (within its scope and intent), otherwise I wouldn't have dumped the time and money into it. I was driving when I received the message with those links in them, pulled over, read them on the side of the road and they made me even more confident there is a place for this. Thanks again for sharing.

Can you post up or PM the dimensions?

I'll make up a model.

I do! Already have: Reamer and Gauge drawings, proofed, reamer made and at the barrel maker to make my barrel, case gauge and headspace gauges available, custom dies being made from sample cases and reamer/gauge drawings. Just waiting for the dies and barrel to get here so I can load and shoot!

Discussion starter · #31 · (Edited)
5.56 case, shoulder bumped back .20, case trim length 1.535, COAL 2.26. Same 23 degree shoulder angle. Makes loading a breeze. I have a few post-it notes and napkins around here with conceptual cartridge drawings on them but those are hard to PM ha! I know you have CAD... excited to see a rendition if you have the time!

Maybe it is just me but when I see 6.8x39 I think AK case necked down to 6.8.....

Maybe it is just me but when I see 6.8x39 I think AK case necked down to 6.8.....
That's the first thing that came to mind for me too. Using the "x39" may just bring some confusion to the table. Possibly a pre-judgemental opinion if one has had history with broken bolts in the AR platform in the 7.62x39 caliber too? .277 Wolverine, or the 6.8 Wolverine keeps the interest up to learn more.

21 - 40 of 840 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.