Announcing the .277 Wolverine / 6.8x39 - Page 81
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081
    6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MDWS View Post

It's just a matter of time before the WLV does it all on its own. One of the big boys is going to want to jump on the profitability of doing a full launch and corner it, which is fine with us. There is plenty of chatter out there with some pretty influential folks already.
    As you know, getting the cartridge to "take off" will require a source for factory brass. Not everyone reloads and even fewer will want to chop 223 brass just to load 500 rounds a year or whatever. If Starline is too expensive what about Jagermann? Jagermann seems to make good stuff.

Has someone like PNW or Lehigh expressed interest in making factory marked ammo?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by USBP379 View Post
    As you know, getting the cartridge to "take off" will require a source for factory brass. Not everyone reloads and even fewer will want to chop 223 brass just to load 500 rounds a year or whatever. If Starline is too expensive what about Jagermann? Jagermann seems to make good stuff.

Has someone like PNW or Lehigh expressed interest in making factory marked ammo?

Yep. The first step in SAAMI registration is headstamp brass. Thing is, the company that chooses to sponsor it and put it up for review will be the one that gets the brass made, therefore cornering it. Or, they will outsource it under contract and again corner it.

We may not need to be the ones to get the brass done. I think you will see some pretty good traffic out there in the next 90 days that will pretty much get it done.

I have a conference call next Tuesday with a major manufacturer that may make it happen even sooner, we will see. Due to an NDA in place, I cannot share who it is but if they decide to move forward it's done. It will be some time until anyone sees what's happening, but there will be a lot of chips in the air and brass cups in the machines behind the scenes. Again, we will see but considering we launched the cartridge three years ago, and released it last week, it's a good sign.
    Mark
    Member - Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute (SAAMI)

6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MDWS View Post
    Yep. The first step in SAAMI registration is headstamp...but considering we launched the cartridge three years ago, and released it last week, it's a good sign.
    Oh, yeah. I've been aware of the cartridge pretty much since the beginning. I have held off getting onboard in case you changed chamber specs or something. Now that seems pretty unlikely so it might be time to pick up a barrel and some dies.

What's the chatter about dedicated bullets? Any info you can share?

Search tags for this page

25-45 sharps vs 277 wolverine

277 wolverine

277 wolverine 8 barrel
277 wolverine ammo

277 wolverine ballistics

277 wolverine barrel
277 wolverine barrels for sale
277 wolverine max effective range
Click on a term to search for related topics.