Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 130 grain bullet load?

Ok guys I am getting a 6.8spc II ar and I want to load for it so here is my question I have a bunch of 130 grain .277 dia bullets does anyone load these for this caliber if so what's your load.

Thanks horsemen61

6.8 SPC Addict

What 130 gr bullet is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack O A T View Post
    ...we need smarter kids, not dumber laws.

6.8 SPC Fan

I have loaded Berger 130gr (.452BC) with 26.9grs of AA2200 that got me 1.071" at 100 yards. It's the only 130gr bullet I've found that I can seat deep enough to allow me to use my magazines without going beyond the ogive.

68Forums.com lifer

I play with the 130s and 140s a little, h335 will be your friend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    "We have a criminal and a system problem, we don't have a gun problem in this state," he said. "As long as legislators concentrate on gun control, we will continue to have mass shootings and the legislators will have blood on their hands."
    -Sam Paredes

68Forums.com Team Member

From my understanding the shorter 130 gr bullets work best but I have some 130 gr Berger VLDs that I will be trying out. These need to be loaded as long as your magazines will allow.
    "... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977

Steve
    An American
    Supporter of the U.S. Constitution and ENTIRE Bill of Rights as Originally Written
    Retired U.S. Army

The bullets are Sierra game kings would they work

I've loaded the Berger Classic as the regular VLD. The regular VLD shot better, for me. I used H335 and AA2200. The Aa2200 provided the best grouping and speed. Here is the write up. I also shot a good size hog with the regular VLD and was happy on how it performed.

http://68forums.com/forums/showthrea...e-130gr-Berger

I don't think the spreadsheets came up and I am at work right now. But with AA2200 I used up to 27.5, and H335 was 30.0. When I get off shift in a few days I can give ya speeds.

I have a ton (1500?) of the 130gr Nosler Flat Base Spitzers. I should probably work up a load for them... or save them for Constructor's 270AR chambering.

I use the Speer 130 gr BTSP's (# 1458). They're shorter for a 130 grain bullet and have a nice ballistic coefficient of .449. Loaded to 2.295" using 27.5 gr of AA2200 they average about 2,515 fps out of my 20" barrel and shoot under MOA.

Is there any published load data with a bullet this heavy