6.8 SPC Forums banner

Robinson Arms barrel and locktite

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Lexus 
#1 ·
brought my rifle to the range and everything was going great and then things went downhill fast. The fastening bolt came loose so tightened it up and POI was way off. When I got home I put some red locktite on it, haven't had a chance to see if it works. I have since found out maybe I shouldn't have, did I screw my rifle up?

#5 ·
Yes it is a allen bolt but the allen bolt screws into a heli coil in the reciever and that's what holds the barrel, I tightened the bolt several times at the range and it would come loose after a couple of10 round mags. Factory specs call for 200 ft. in. of tourque. I can't change what's already done, I hope it does'nt back out the coil or give me grieve if I want to change out the barrel.

#6 ·
You might be in for a fight and you might not. If the loctite dripped into the thread interface of the helicoil and the recover it just locked the helicoil in place.

If it is on the helicoil and the bolt you will probably back the helicoil out with the bolt. It will need replaced and that isn't hard.

If it is on both with equal grip you will have a fight on your hands. It will probably require heat and patients and you will probably end up pulling the bolt and helicoil out together.

Be careful, go slow, and next time use BLUE loctite or replace the helicoil and bolt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

#9 ·
I have a Robarms 5.56 and the bolt screw doesn't screw into a helicoil. The bolt is pointed and screws into a depression in the barrel. It does take 200 inch lbs for proper tighting. I bought a torque wrench from Harbour Freight for $10 and have a socket with a piece of the correct size allen wrench glued into the socket. It has never loosened up.

#11 ·
thanks for all the info, I'll find out next week if it comes loose or what, get off work next Wed. and plan on doing a lot of shooting and reloading. My shellplate, and 12 box's of hornady brass should be waiting for me when I get home along with a bunch of Remington both fired and new brass ready to get loaded. I am going to be taking the shotgun to the range and shoot some clays, got to get tuned and ready for the ducks and geese, yes it's getting that time of the year, up here anyway.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.