Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    68Forums.com Team Member

Default XDS 45 Spring Upgrade Kit

Well, one of my friend's came to me on Friday and asked me if I knew of any good gunsmith's in the area. He bought an XDS 45, and the a spring upgrade kit from Powder River Precision. No instructions with the springs or anything. He took it to one of the local shops and they told him 4-6 weeks to change five springs for $50....

He didn't want to wait. So I told him I would take a look and see what I could do.

Anyhoo, checked instructions and one video on the net from Powder River Precision.....about an hour and half of my time, and I got the spring changed out. Went slow and took my time and made sure I didn't have any wayward springs go flying during assembly.

Got it all back together and function and safety checked it. Seemed better with the trigger pull than before. They used a lighter trigger safety spring, lighter striker safety spring, new sear spring, new disconnector spring and extra power striker spring.

Seems better than before. Now I got an idea of how to do it, he wants to get another one and have me set it up....

I deal with about 5%-10% of the population 80%-90% of the time...

Owner: Silverback FA

68Forums.com lifer

OCS - thanks for that info. I've been looking at how to change the creep and excessively long pull on both my XDM and XDS. Looks like a great place to start.
    I like my women just a little on the trashy side - but my rifles are squeaky clean!

Served 28 years in the worlds greatest Navy, in the greatest EOD community of the greatest country on Earth.

Lots of info on XDTalk.com...the Springfield Armory XD talk forum.
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.

68Forums.com lifer

The PRP kit is the way to go. I replaced the trigger, seer and all the springs in mine and it is like a different gun. Took about 30 to 40 minutes using the you tube video as OC455 said. Lighter trigger pull, nearly no pre-travel or overtravel and quicker reset. Well worth the money in my opinion.

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by BittenbytheBug View Post
    OCS - thanks for that info. I've been looking at how to change the creep and excessively long pull on both my XDM and XDS. Looks like a great place to start.
    Spring kit is $15....pretty easy if you check the disassembly instructions and then watch the PRP youtube video...

6.8 SPC Addict

Quote Originally Posted by OC455 View Post
    Spring kit is $15....pretty easy if you check the disassembly instructions and then watch the PRP youtube video...
    where could I find one of these spring kits? Does the manufacturers sell them or do I need to find a distributor/reseller?

6.8 SPC Fan

Ordered a spring kit for my XDs yesterday. I'll be watching the video a few more times before I proceed with the install, but looking forward to improved trigger (although the stock trigger wasn't horrible) and performance. Hey a $15 upgrade, what's not to like?
    "I love it when a plan comes together!"

68Forums.com lifer

I did mine sitting at the desk in front of the puter and just kept pausing the video till I caught up. It really gives you a good knowledge of the internal workings of your gun.

68Forums.com Team Member

It's actually pretty good and gives you an idea on how everything functions...