Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default 2013 Hunting Photos

Would it be possible to get a sticky going for 2013 Hunting pics? Some nice ones rolling in already. I direct the uneducated to the sticky when they say the AR has no use for hunting. The sticky could be for pics only and forum could be for discussion. Just thinking out loud.

What do you all think about a sticky for state by state regs pertaining to hunting with an AR? Things like mag restrictions, suppressors, electronic sights, etc?

This is the 2013 Hunting Pics sticky now. Post what you bag and any relevant info (location, weight, ammo, distance, etc). Create a separate thread if you want to discuss. The 2012 thread can be found here: http://68forums.com/forums/showthrea...Hunting-Photos
    Last edited by 68WJ; 01-15-2013 at 09:28 AM.

He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance. - TJ

6.8 Member

AR15 with handloads. 23.6 gr. H335 and 55 gr. Nosler Varmint BT at 40-50 yards.

"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." - Clay Othic

6.8 SPC Fan

I shot this spike on the last day of spike and doe season. I used a Stag Arms 7H with Hornady 120 SST. It dropped in its tracks. This rifle/ammo combo has become my go to gun this season.

6.8 Member

Got this Yote this weekend with my RRA 6.8 using Hornady 120gr SST. Shot was about 120 yards. He never knew what hit him.

2013-01-26 10.08.57 small.jpg
    ROCK RIVER ARMS 6.8 SPC II
    Hogue Grip, Winter Trigger Guard, Red Field Accu-Range Reticle 4-12x40mm Scope

2nd Amendment:
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

How bad did that tear up his hide?

6.8 Member

It left about a quarter size exit hole.

2nd Amendment:
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

6.8 SPC Fan

Stag Arms with 120 SST. The last picture shows the problem we have. The brown one in the middle is no longer a problem.

6.8 Member

It looks like the 120 SST bullets are smacking some animals this year. lol

2nd Amendment:

68Forums.com Team Member

Finally got an opportunity to shoot at more than paper.

95gr ttsx did more than adequate job. 75yards, no tracking. Animal harvested is a black Catalina Ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images
    Last edited by sneedb82; 02-24-2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Brandon

Owner, South Texas Arms

"If we desire to avoid insult, we must be able to repel it; if we desire to secure peace, one of the most powerful instruments of our rising prosperity, it must be known, that we are at all times ready for War." - George Washington to Congress in 1793