6.8 SPC Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
looks like an amazing trip, congratulations! makes me a little jealous... we use to get snow during hunting season in Wisconsin, but it's been a long time... and I sure miss it!

Good Deal Marten. Not too many caribou around this season up the end of the Taylor. They split north and south around where we call home. We had a few thousand come through In early August and some were around throughout the fall, but they didn't camp out here by no means as we usually expect. We got several , but had a moose so didn't keep at it. We can use our subsistence tags untill end of March. Other years, I have caught bunches of bou in the woods/flats 2 miles behind the house. Over xmas, boy was home from school, put a new stand back at base of mnt, trail from my place. Kinda on a lick and water hole, moose and caribou too when they are around, spend some time there. We got a couple bait barrels back in that area, and we can kill grizz when they come into blk bear bait, nx May. Too dang cold to do anything now, it was minus 54 sunday morn and I know it'll hit close to minus 60 tonight. Just got to make it to mid feb and everything will improve, ha ha. I got mostly accubonds and ttsx's loaded up for the 6.8; they work for me too.

Nicely done !! 'Bou hunting on machines... brings back some fond memories.

Wow! I envy you guys, That is what I would consider a trip of a lifetime! and up there you get to do it every year. I wish i could live in AK!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.