Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    68Forums.com lifer

Default 6.8 Ammo in Stock

i keep hearing everyone talking about 6.8 ammo not being available however i have been buying this for my every day shooting and it is still available. i have a couple barrett rifles including a 50 BMG and a 6.8 SPC and have always liked their ammo. while it isn't an exotic bullet it is still available at what i thought was a reasonable price.
    6.8 MM BARRETT BRAND, 110 gr BTHP, 30 ROUND BOX

it is availbale on their website www.barrettrifles.com

i know i am new here and hope this is allowed. if not, i am sorry. i was just wanting to try and help those looking for ammo.

thanks

6.8 SPC Addict

Thanks for the heads up.

I have never tried this stuff and have always just stuuck to the stuff I know about. I assume it is not a hot load and is OK to use in my older SAAMI 1-10 Ruger?

6.8 SPC Lover

Thanks for the heads up. Just placed an order.

It's good stuff. Hornady HPBT bullet and rumored to be SSA brass. A little on the slow side though, but not bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by BM1455 View Post
    I have never tried this stuff and have always just stuuck to the stuff I know about. I assume it is not a hot load and is OK to use in my older SAAMI 1-10 Ruger?
    No problem.

He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance. - TJ

Agree with 68WJ. Good quality. Never ran it through a chrono.

How is it for accuracy/ consistancey? Not looking for a “super bullet” here but with SSA 115 BTHP I can do mostly in the .75 to 1.25 MOA with 5 shot groups if I don’t screw up.>>

Edit: ...Just tried a small order to see what I think of it. Maybe I'll wish I had baught more or by the time I use it up the SSA will be back in the "available" columb again.

Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by BM1455; 01-14-2013 at 12:07 AM.

68Forums.com lifer

thanks guys, glad someone could use the info. i bought a Barrett REC7 6.8 about a year ago and have always used this ammo. i can only attest that i have had no issues out to 200 yards but that all i shoot to. i am not into the specific and accuracy as much as some of you guys are so i don't know anything further. i do know that it is new brass and loaded by Barrett themselves but that is all. i figured if they are good enough to provide sniper weapons to the military they must be doing something right. after about 1000 rounds through mine i never had a misfire or jam a single time. the price is for a 30 round box and the shipping is pretty decent as well.

hope this explains a little bit. like i said, i'm just trying to help some of you guys out.

6.8 Member

Thanks much!

68Forums.com Team Member

Sometimes we forget some of the more obvious sources for ammo. Thanks for reminding people.
    "... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977

Steve
    An American
    Supporter of the U.S. Constitution and ENTIRE Bill of Rights as Originally Written
    Retired U.S. Army