Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here

Thread: Cmmg 6.8

6.8 Member

Default Cmmg 6.8

Hey Guys, trying to find out some info about a rifle my uncle just "panic" bought. Its a cmmg and he says its a spcI chamber but I haven't got a chance to look at it, and he has no experience with ARs. Did CMMG make a spcI rifle? If so how bad was it? Where can we get a drop in reamer? Anything else about CMMG?

68Forums.com lifer

CMMG's barrels are spcII chamber, but there are two different rifling. If it's a 1/11 it should be good, but the 1/10 version is not so good.

Here is a barrel chart that will help.
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...yg&output=html
    My Article on AR calibers and why the 6.8 SPC is my top choice https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bywa...prSkJXS0k/edit

Houston Support Network http://68forums.com/forums/showthrea...691#post572691

01 FFL / NRA Lifetime

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if your stupid" John Wayne

68Forums.com Team Member

CMMG turns out quite a bit of melonite stuff so make sure the barrel is not melonite as I think it will trash a chamber reamer. As for SAAMI chamber, it may not be the best but it still works better than 5.56
    "... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977

Steve
    An American
    Supporter of the U.S. Constitution and ENTIRE Bill of Rights as Originally Written
    Retired U.S. Army

6.8 SPC Lover

I contacted CMMG awhile back to ask about their chamber. My barrel says CMMG 6.8 NATO 1-10. They emailed back and said that all their barrels are spc II and safe for all factory ammo. I have no complaints about accuracy or pressure issues until I get on the very high end of some of the published loads from members here. I do as anyone should and work up slowly. I would not consider my barrel "not so good", but I would not put it in the same category as an ARP barrel either.

68Forums.com lifer

1/10 SPC II will run some pretty warm loads. My LMT 1/10 SPC II 6 groove handles just about everything all my other better spec'd 6.8's can run. My 1/10 SPC II 4 groove Armalite handles hot loads just fine. In fact I've yet to hit a pressure ceiling with it. So for the ''not so good'' comment, I disagree. Happy shooting, you'll be fine.
    Last edited by tbready; 12-23-2012 at 11:41 PM.