Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here
    68Forums.com Team Member

Default Magpul followers for 6.8

Does anyone know if Magpul 5.56 marked anti-tilt followers will work in C-prod/PRI 6.8 mags, and still function properly?
    I'm having trouble finding Magpul 6.8 marked followers other than on the PRI web site.( $3.75 ea)
    Review on midways site for the 5.56 Magpul followers say they worked in 6.8 mags ( 3 for $5.65)
    I've got a few cprod and PRI mags ( old style no waffle) with busted followers I need to replace.

Thanks in advance!
    Pain is Weakness leaving the Body
    Force Lima 3/3
    Originally Posted by angsniper
    "Capitalization is the difference between helping your uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

6.8 SPC Fan

I could use some too. Interested in responses.

6.8 Member

^^^^^^^ ditto Force---- 3 BN / 3 Mar Lima co ????? if so I was in 3/3 when the battalion went to Beirut Mickey
    Last edited by mich1377usmc; 11-07-2012 at 09:25 AM.

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by mich1377usmc View Post
    ^^^^^^^ ditto Force---- 3 BN / 3 Mar Lima co ????? if so I was in 3/3 when the battalion went to Beirut Mickey
    Yup Lima 3/3 out of K-bay
    I didn't get to Lima until '89. Left it in '93.
    Our new Company CO was from Force Recon so he called us Force Lima.
    We had a company guidon and T-shirts made with "Force Lima, Pain is weakness leaving the body"
    I think Lima is still using the "Force Lima" motto to this day.
    Semper Fi !
    Last edited by Force; 11-07-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    Force Lima 3/3
    "Capitalization is the difference between helping your uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

I think I have 3 followers in a sealed package from CPRODUCTS, I will have to check though.

68Forums.com lifer

Hey Force,

I just pulled apart a 5.56 PMAG and tried to put the follower into an older non-waffle PRI 6.8 mag, and it didn't work. I was curious about this as well, so I figured I would try. However, the 5.56 follower is too short and the extensions on the follower do not ride/fit properly against the PRI mag ribs.

I would stick with the 6.8 specific followers.
    “Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it.”

"They (religions) are all alike, founded on fables and mythology."

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.”

----Thomas Jefferson

I believe the Pmag followers are Pmag specific. I think you need the usgi magpul followers.

Sent from my island villa by carrier pigeon.

train like your life depends on it, Because it does!
    A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Posted by HTR:
    They're smarter than dogs, warier than turkeys or deer, and more evil than a dungeon full of Mansons

68Forums.com Team Member

What James said above.
    The followers I was looking at are magpul 5.56 followers for USGI mags. (pmag followers will only fit pmags)
    I've got 2 of the old PRI(non waffle) 25 rd mags with horrible followers (red) that have to be replaced.
    I am going to pull apart a USGI 5.56 mag tonight and see if the follower will fit in a PRI 6.8 mag.

Quote Originally Posted by tantrik77 View Post
    Hey Force,

I just pulled apart a 5.56 PMAG and tried to put the follower into an older non-waffle PRI 6.8 mag, and it didn't work. I was curious about this as well, so I figured I would try. However, the 5.56 follower is too short and the extensions on the follower do not ride/fit properly against the PRI mag ribs.

I would stick with the 6.8 specific followers.
    Force Lima 3/3

Quote Originally Posted by jamesb74 View Post

sent from my island villa by carrier pigeon.

lolz!!!!!!!!!!!1