Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here
    68Forums.com Moderator

Default SWFA SS Mil-Quad Scopes available for Pre Order

SWFA has just posted the new Mil-Quad reticle .1mrad turret fixed power scopes on their web side for pre order. Delivery is estimated at one month.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-Scopes-C1719.aspx

Just ordered (2) SS 12x42 and a SS 16x42

For $299 each...these are a lot of scope for the money.

Kerry
    Law enforcement officers must understand that armed citizens are there to defend them when they are outnumbered…and to outnumber them, if they enforce unconstitutional laws.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    300 AAC Blackout Chambering Cancelled:

Some time ago, Savage announced it would be chambering the Model 10 Precision Carbine in 300 AAC Blackout. Since that time, we have tested many variants of this cartridge in various barrel lengths and rates of twist. This exhaustive testing left us quite unsatisfied with the accuracy we were able to get from the subsonic loads in this chambering. Accuracy with the lighter, faster loads in this caliber was actually quite good. But we believe the real value in this cartridge lies in the use of subsonic loads for suppressed rifles. Therefore we have decided to scrap the project.
    It is our understanding that pushing these heavy, slow bullets presents challenges not found in typical loadings and that our experience is not unique. Subsequently, many in the industry have simply adopted a lower standard for accuracy for these subsonic loads. While this does seem reasonable and we don't criticize any in our industry that have taken this approach, it just won't work for Savage.
    Our brand was built on accuracy and we are too protective of our reputation for building the most accurate factory rifles available. We would rather walk away from this opportunity than sell a product that requires an explanation.

Retired, Burned Out :
    68forums.com Moderator
    Gatewaycobraclub.com Moderator
    Ex-Mfg. Engineer
    Ex-Tool Room Machinist
    Ex-CNC Programmer
    Ex-Stearman Pilot
    Ex-Racing Engine Builder/Shop Owner
    Ex-Funny Bike Builder/Competitor

Currently in 11th year as active duty Cranky Old Fart...

RVN 68-72

6.8 SPC Addict

Thanks for the heads up, I'm getting 2 of the 12x'ers, and I'm tempted by the 16x

Administrator

Very impressed with the SS scopes! I own 2 already!
    USAF Ret.
    Pistol,Rifle,Sniper Team

Combat/Flight medic- 88-94, Flight Nurse 94-08, Chief Nurse / CCATT 05-08, Marksmanship Team 00-08
    Tours -Desert storm 2, Somalia 1, Bosnia 3, Afghan. 2, Iraq 1

6.8 Member

Quote Originally Posted by angsniper View Post
    Very impressed with the SS scopes! I own 2 already!
    Which two did you get and do you like one better than the other? Or were they the same exact scope for two different rifles?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Supraman079 View Post
    Which two did you get and do you like one better than the other? Or were they the same exact scope for two different rifles?
    Mine are both mildot models. 10x and 16x. 10x is on a hunting rig and the 16x on a range rifle.
    USAF Ret.
    Pistol,Rifle,Sniper Team

Combat/Flight medic- 88-94, Flight Nurse 94-08, Chief Nurse / CCATT 05-08, Marksmanship Team 00-08
    Tours -Desert storm 2, Somalia 1, Bosnia 3, Afghan. 2, Iraq 1

New to the 6.8

Incredible value on all of these and good people down in Texas, i've dealt with them many times. If you can wait about another month(ish), the SS 1-6x24 will be ready for pre-order as well. For around a grand, you won't be able to beat them. Bushnell, Leupold, among others are all pricing much higher for their similiar spec'd versions.

http://www.opticstalk.com/swfa-16x24hd_topic31730.html
    Siv Vis Pacem Para Bellum

OEF/OIF/HOA 02-07 6 tours

Quote Originally Posted by owenslee View Post
    SWFA has just posted the new Mil-Quad reticle .1mrad turret fixed power scopes on their web side for pre order. Delivery is estimated at one month.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-Scopes-C1719.aspx

Just ordered (2) SS 12x42 and a SS 16x42

For $299 each...these are a lot of scope for the money.

Kerry
    Kerry, you are a very bad influence!
    You already cost me a couple of (very nice) scopes from Natchez and of course the QD mounts they required just 2 weeks ago. You're killin me!
    Anyone smell burning plastic?
    "You and I are told we must choose between a left or right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream -- the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order -- or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. Regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would sacrifice freedom for security have embarked on this downward path." -- Ronald Reagan

68Forums.com lifer

Many have been waiting for these scopes.
    You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success. Act like it.