90gr Speer TNT info
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    68Forums.com Industry Partner

Default 90gr Speer TNT info

The first of the bullet info gathering threads, lets try to keep the chit chat to a minium and not argu with others opinions. Please just post the facts or your experience with the bullets. How they performed on game, the accuracy of the bullet and loading data that produced good accuracy. If you don't have any experience please let those that do have experience provide the info for others to learn from.
    length .858"
    BC- .275
    Last edited by constructor; 02-22-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    AR Performance 6.8 SPC, 5.56 & Grendel barrels.

Florida structural engineer & home design- Artibus Design
    If you are a guy and walking around leaving a trail of blood there is a reason...

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    The first of the bullet info gathering threads, lets try to keep the chit chat to a minium and not argu with others opinions. Please just the facts. How they performed on game, the accuracy of the bullet and loading data that produced good accuracy.
    Now this is the sweetest little load I have. The Speer TNT loaded in SSA brass with a Cartridge Over All Length of 2.295 inches, 29.5 grains of Alliant RL-7 powder and a Remington 7 1/2 Bench Rest primer, I get about .5 inch groups at 100 yards.

I've shot hundreds of prairie dogs out to over 300 yards with this load. This is a real winner of a load!

Daniel
    Daniel
    Alexandria, Va

I make my first mistake everyday just by getting out of bed. After that, the mistakes start to cascade, erupting in a full fledge series of failures by the time I get to lunch. At dinner time, my catastrophes become radioactive and I have to shut down for the rest of the evening to avoid a complete melt down. If it weren’t for my sweet and loving wife, half the world would be missing by bedtime.

6.8 SPC Lover

Very accurate bullet. I found that it likes the extruded powders best. 28.6 GR of H4198 was my favorite and fastest load. RE7 and H322 were also very accurate.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

Very accurate.
    29.2-29.5gr of RE7 loaded out to 2.3" seems to be a very accurate load in many rifles.
    Fastest load ever in our 5R barrels 32.5gr of 10x produced 3158fps-
    As always start low and work up loads slowly.
    AR Performance 6.8 SPC, 5.56 & Grendel barrels.

Florida structural engineer & home design- Artibus Design
    If you are a guy and walking around leaving a trail of blood there is a reason...

Administrator

With 31.0gr of H322 loaded to 2.300 I get .46 MOA at 2800 fps. Very accurate and has performed well on 2 does at approx. 100yds and has taken a hog from about 80. All 3 animals traveled less than 20yds.
    With RE7 29.0gr I get 2720fps and .25 MOA
    Here is the group with 31gr of H322:

Last edited by angsniper; 02-22-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    USAF Ret.
    Pistol,Rifle,Sniper Team

Combat/Flight medic- 88-94, Flight Nurse 94-08, Chief Nurse / CCATT 05-08, Marksmanship Team 00-08
    Tours -Desert storm 2, Somalia 1, Bosnia 3, Afghan. 2, Iraq 1

68Forums.com Team Member

29.5 grs rx7
    Remington or Hornady brass.
    Cci 34 or 41 respectively.
    2.280" oal.

3/4 moa from remington or 1/2 moa from hornady. A good solid all around bullet. Tough enough for light big game. Cheap enough to shoot all the time accurate enough for most any job. If you need to find out if your upper is accurate you need to try this one. It shoots well from any gun I've tried it in.
    we have domestic enemies in this country and i'm gonna name names........ Ignorance, apathy, and laziness. -EEL

68Forums.com Team Member

Here's one of my best groups so far, this was with factory SSA ammo, standard loading with a Vortex Crossfire @ 100 yards from a 20" Bison barrel.

See the full collection of 6.8SPC Headstamps here...

6.8 Remington 6.8mm 6.8SPC Headstamps
    6.8spc Hornady 6.8spc SSA 6.8spc Sellier & Bellot 6.8spc Federal 6.8spc S&B

An all time favorite in many rifles. Here's a group shot from my ARP 12 / 3 using RE 7. SSA brass, WSRM and 2.295"

68Forums.com Team Member

I run 29.5 of RE7 with SSA or Hornady brass, pick a primer and shoot it, I shoot these the most and routinely shoot small clays (I think they are 2 inches across) all day long with that load.
    Molṑn Labé

"I figure we are gunman because we are better then most, and it beats branding cows or digging copper" -Appaloosa
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.-Thomas Paine

68Forums.com Team Member

Like others have said this is one of the most consistently accurate 6.8 bullets available. It shoots sub MOA in all three of the 6.8's for which I reload.

68_90_2.jpg
    "I don't know what you're trying to do, but I can tell you're doing it wrong."
    -Johnny Bench

Search tags for this page

90 gr tnt gel test

90 grain sierra tnt load data

90 grain speer tnt

90 grn tnt gel test

cci-speer 90 tnt loads

speer tnt

speer tnt 90

Click on a term to search for related topics.