Who will lead the 1-6x battle?
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    6.8 SPC Fan

Default Who will lead the 1-6x battle?

So who in you're guys opinion will end up having the best bang for the buck 1-6x scope? I know there is a lack of reviews right now so this is mainly a guessing and predicting game.

My bet is on SWFA. And thats just going from how well their 1-4x looked

68Forums.com lifer

SWFA In the hunt for sure. Leupold VX6 and Mark 6 look good. Bushnell 1-6 tacticals have potential. The GRCS 1-6 is getting good press.
    Last edited by ArtFWTx; 01-23-2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Spelling

68Forums.com Team Member

from all the reviews of the GRDC1-4 I think that will be a good one...
    Molṑn Labé

"I figure we are gunman because we are better then most, and it beats branding cows or digging copper" -Appaloosa
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.-Thomas Paine

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com lifer

I follow the ARFCOM thread about Ed Verdugo and his GRSC scopes. Very interesting story. I may try one of the 1-4s.
    The 6.8 SPC is the fastest growing AR-15 cartridge. It is by far the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15.

6.8 SPC Addict

I've handled Ed's 1-6. It's awesome especially for the price point. I'm not huge on the combat reticule style scopes in general simply because I enjoy making smaller groups at longer ranges than I'm able to do with a dot but, had Nightforce put it's name on the very same scope the price would be at least double.
    I also handled the new (I think) dual plane Bushnell at SHOT. Very impressive. Retail is about $2000.00 but if actual street price looks close to $1000.00 I'll get one. Odd thing about the scope is at single magnification it appears to reduce image scale. I had to twist it up a tad to get to true 1X.

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArtFWTx View Post
    I follow the ARFCOM thread about Ed Verdugo and his GRSC scopes. Very interesting story. I may try one of the 1-4s.
    I almost did but I always want more top end magnification. I wanted to try the 1-6 but I picked up that 1.5-8, still want a 1-6 though
    Molṑn Labé

"I figure we are gunman because we are better then most, and it beats branding cows or digging copper" -Appaloosa
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.-Thomas Paine

6.8 SPC Addict

Try the March 1-10. If ya got some cash burning a hole in your pocket.

6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by marinesg1012 View Post
    I almost did but I always want more top end magnification. I wanted to try the 1-6 but I picked up that 1.5-8, still want a 1-6 though
    What 1.5-8 did you buy and how much was it?

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by t9alejandro View Post
    What 1.5-8 did you buy and how much was it?
    This one: http://www.valdada.com/product/a2655...28d8b0c8b.aspx

I dont like the fact it has the BDC top turret, I wish it had the target turret like it has for the windage, besides that I like the scope.
    Molṑn Labé

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by marinesg1012 View Post
    1-6x seems very versatile. I'm watching this new crop closely.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast