5.56 64gr. PPT question - Page 3
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    68Forums.com Team Member

Do you know what the velocity would be for these out of a 16inch?

I deal with about 5%-10% of the population 80%-90% of the time...

Owner: Silverback FA

I bought three boxes of several weeks back. Haven't shot it yet and wondering how it will group. What SSA claims about it's penetration sounds good. No plastic tip. round-nose with lead exposed. Maybe it will group well at 100yds.

6.8 Member

We see < 1 MOA in our 100 yard range thru our 16 " ballistic test barrel. They open up as you would expect in a SBR but throw a can on it and they tighten right up. The projectile is made by Nosler and it makes one great 5.56 round for pig's as well as barriers.

Art SSA

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com lifer

I got 5 boxes of the 64gr PPT 556 in a closeout for $5 a box, Thanks for clarifying what it is, I was going to use it for target practice but will keep it for hunting now. They do not list it any longer so this is the last of it? OK for deer and yotes too?

I guess the 6.8 90gr PPT I got at the same time(10 boxes for $5 each) would be the same?
    Last edited by FrankT; 08-03-2016 at 08:08 PM.
    Vietnam Vet...Vets helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!

My 6.8 Collection

The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

68Forums.com lifer

Frank I bought some of that ammo before Art sold SSA. I shot my first pig with my new NV using the 556 with the 64gr bonded bullets. I still have a little over a box left. I also have some Nosler 64gr bonded bullets. The Nosler bullets and what Art loaded in his ammo looks to be the same thing. The Nosler bullet has a unique shape that is much different than the Federal or Speer bonded bullet.

68Forums.com lifer

Well I have 4 6.8's and just got my first 556 today, so have not shot it yet and other than sighting it in doubtful it will be shot again at least not for hogs. here I thought I was buying target ammo in the 556 and 6.8 PPT glad it is better than that. I will have to find some cheap brass cased 556 to shoot it a little and get it sighted it..Thanks

My 6.8 Collection

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Well I have 4 6.8's and just got my first 556 today, so have not shot it yet and other than sighting it in doubtful it will be shot again at least not for hogs. here I thought I was buying target ammo in the 556 and 6.8 PPT glad it is better than that. I will have to find some cheap brass cased 556 to shoot it a little and get it sighted it..Thanks
    the Independence that PSA has is good hot ammo, i've shot a lot of it, brass is reload capable. IMI makes it and Federal is in on the marketing here

68Forums.com lifer

Thanks, I will get a little the SSA I can use to hunt and a little to sight in and fill the mags at home will do...it is just a backup

My 6.8 Collection

Search tags for this page

64gr trophy bear claw
ppt bonded ammo

ssa ammo 64

Click on a term to search for related topics.