Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 6.8 SPC load using the Nosler 100gr. AccuBond?

I was told by a good friend involved in the law enforcement, and the tactical firearm training community that the most promising bullet for the 6.8 is the Nosler 100gr. Accubond.

Was told there has been a lot of experimenting with different projectiles, and the Nosler 100gr. was the top performer. Excellent penetration, Excellent expansion, and enough velocity to be very flat shooting.

My friend advised that they are getting approximately 2,900 fps out of a 16 inch barrel with Spec II chamber. The rifle used was a Patriot Ordinance with a 1-11 twist.

Has anyone experimented with this bullet? What powder, load and velocity did they get? Thanks for your response.

68Forums.com Team Member

My search-fu is generally pretty weak, but there have been numerous threads about the nosler 100gr ab. I think the most promising "do it all round" would have to be the barnes 95gr ttsx. Great penetration and expansion, and generally mushrooms at lower than 270 velocities. Good luck with your search.
    Stupid should hurt.

6.8 SPC Fan

I have tried this and unfortunately have found it to be very inaccurate in my 20" WOA SPCII barrel.

I'm going to try some hotter loads for it to see if that helps calm it down. The last load I tried was 29gr of H322, but I'm going to try a little longer OAL and maybe 30gr and see how it does.

Now by inaccurate I mean, maybe 3 MOA... but compared to the other projectiles I was shooting, that was spraying all over the place.

Banned

30gr of 10X is right at 2900 fps from my rifle and about 1" at 100 yards, SSA brass, #41 primer, 2.295" COL.

6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lmb7784 View Post
    My search-fu is generally pretty weak, but there have been numerous threads about the nosler 100gr ab.
    Google is your friend.

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=00...rpmjvexs&hl=en

68Forums.com lifer

Default 100gr Accubond

I have just started to work on this load and I believe I can improve it with a little tweaking.
    4 shots 1" all 5 shots 1.5"
    29.5gr RL-10
    new SSA brass
    CCI#41
    2.295 OAL
    HPIM0967.jpg

6.8 SPC Fan

I have some 10x showing up today and will give that a shot... no pun intended.

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by EWP View Post
    30gr of 10X is right at 2900 fps from my rifle and about 1" at 100 yards, SSA brass, #41 primer, 2.295" COL.
    This!! My 16 and 18" 1/11 twist barrels (BHW and Wilson respectivelly) were both under an 1" or right at it at 100-125 yards with the 100gr Accubonds, both Commercial and Tactical loads from SSA... this means that loading like this from EWP if your barrel is able to handle the load, is a good one to boot!
    Brandon

Owner, South Texas Arms

"If we desire to avoid insult, we must be able to repel it; if we desire to secure peace, one of the most powerful instruments of our rising prosperity, it must be known, that we are at all times ready for War." - George Washington to Congress in 1793

68Forums.com Team Member

I've seen good accuracy from a very similar load, although my velocities are less than 2800 fps from 16" barrels. Performance on deer has been outstanding.

Drifter

Thanks everyone for posting, you have been very helpful. EWP is 30gr of 10X a very hot load or safe for rifles with the Spec II chamber?