Best 6.8 upper for the money? - Page 3
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    6.8 SPC Lover

I've been lurking around reading many of the posts, and talking with the fine people of the 6.8 Forums for some time now. The one thing everyone has in common here concerning the 6.8mm SPC is that ARP and Bison Armory are the way to go...you can't go wrong with either one.
    Vince
    United States Marine Corps '94-'00

“No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” -Calvin Coolidge

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

68Forums.com lifer

With this being the biggest bang for the buck, ARP seems to have the best for it with the best specs for best price and quality. The other vendors also offer fine products. Bison also would be the other one to look at from what I read here for an affordable AR upper.
    The VI POINT VIII Specification Eye Eye is Great!

68Forums.com lifer

I can give the nod to the Noveske rogue hunter. Very fine rifle. superb fit and finish. And they shoot very well.

I was down to choosing beetween the Noveske and ARP. I chose the Noveske over the ARP for a couple reasons.

1. The price difference between the two very similarly equipped was only 100 dollars (ARP coming in slightly less). And my Noveske came witha free second lower. Note:: I did not pay full retail for the Noveske... full retail widens the price difference by a couple hundred more dollars.
    2. At the time I ordered ARP was waiting to get barrels in stock, and Noveske was ready to be shipped.

Both companies seem to have excellent customer service. And Both seem to make very fine rifles. I think you would be well served by either but can honestly only speak from first hand experience on the Noveske, which is a top notch rifle...hands down.

Spend a little time searching this forum and you will find more info than you know what to do with =). This place is a treasure trove of great info that will aide you in your search for a great rifle.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Benjamin Franklin

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 SPC Addict

Yeah Ratdog knows everyone on here as well as all the best specs cause when he is not shooting he is on here drooling.....I don't think he even sleeps...might be a robot. As far as what Dude-Sweet said, ARP has the best prices but sometimes you end up on a waiting list cause H has such a demand for his stuff he can hardly keep up. He also had a barrel deal go south for some new stuff recently so that slowed his barrel production a bit I believe. Hopefully he can get caught up. Keep an eye out for "Constructor", thats the owner of ARP and he is constantly chatting on here and is happy to answer any of your questions. He is likely to pop into any thread you start or read. I'm sure he is reading now. The best thing to do is spend a couple months researching before actually buying. Otherwise you will end up doing what I did, rush to buy then realize you made a mistake and end up selling it all to make your money back to buy what you realize you really want. Be patient, ask questions and read everything on here. I got started back in May and wont have mine finished till next month but damn is it gonna be an awesome beast. I ended up spending at least $2500 of my full rifle setup: rifle, scope, accessories all included.
    DOES ANYONE KNOW A CHEAT CODE FOR INFINITE AMMO?

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by reaper3393 View Post
    The best thing to do is spend a couple months researching before actually buying. Otherwise you will end up doing what I did, rush to buy then realize you made a mistake and end up selling it all to make your money back to buy what you realize you really want. Be patient, ask questions and read everything on here.
    LOL And, getting you to slow down to read/think/read was an exercise in and of itself... especially while you were in the hype of auction-hunting... talk about "ricochet rabbit" for a spell !!
    NRA Life Member
    Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
    Politicians=Diapers: Full of the Same Thing and in Need of Frequent Changing.
    The 6.8 is the fastest growing cartridge and #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15.

AR Performance, ARP, However you label it, nothing but the best in AR15 Barrels

6.8 SPC Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog68 View Post
    LOL And, getting you to slow down to read/think/read was an exercise in and of itself... especially while you were in the hype of auction-hunting... talk about "ricochet rabbit" for a spell !!
    Haha you remember that huh. Lol of course you do. I'm looking at building my wife one next after she gets out of boot camp for the Airforce, she takes the ASVAB on Tuesday. It will be an ARP SS Hunter 16" with the SCARB and a CAA M4 stock, midlength YHM Customizable Freefloat tube and low-pro gas block. Light and accurate, she is a petite young woman.
    Last edited by reaper3393; 11-20-2010 at 12:32 PM.

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by reaper3393 View Post
    Haha you remember that huh. Lol of course you do.
    How could one forget? Your first 100 posts happened within about the first two days and involved a new thread every third post with another question that popped up. LOL About every sixth one was about a new sale/gun you found on an auction site and you wanted to beat the clock on the latest and greatest find.
    I think you were taking Red Bulls via feeding tube for about a week. LOL
    NRA Life Member
    Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
    Politicians=Diapers: Full of the Same Thing and in Need of Frequent Changing.
    The 6.8 is the fastest growing cartridge and #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15.

AR Performance, ARP, However you label it, nothing but the best in AR15 Barrels

6.8 SPC Addict

Cool

How could one forget? Your first 100 posts happened within about the first two days and involved a new thread every third post with another question that popped up. LOL About every sixth one was about a new sale/gun you found on an auction site and you wanted to beat the clock on the latest and greatest find.
    Haha no I tried Redbull once and didn't like it, tasted sour, I drink Monster though.

68Forums.com Team Member

Look at who is talking about energy drinks via feeding tube. 4000+ posts in 8 months has to be some kind of record. I think RD eats, drinks, and lives for this forum. Notice I didn't say anything about sleeping cause I don't think he does.
    "... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977

Steve
    An American
    Supporter of the U.S. Constitution and ENTIRE Bill of Rights as Originally Written
    Retired U.S. Army
    Twice Retired

6.8 SPC the most versatile MSR Cartridge available in the AR 15 style firearms.

6.8 SPC Addict

Quote Originally Posted by equalizer_2 View Post
    look at who is talking about energy drinks via feeding tube. 4000+ posts in 8 months has to be some kind of record. I think rd eats, drinks, and lives for this forum. Notice i didn't say anything about sleeping cause i don't think he does.
    He is a terminator!!! The end is near!!!

Search tags for this page

6 8 spc upper

68 spc upper

ar performance complete upper

best ar

upper

Click on a term to search for related topics.