Best 6.8 upper for the money? - Page 2
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    68Forums.com Team Member

AR Performance all the way!

68Forums.com Team Member

yes indeed!
    Steve W
    Tasajillo Hill

New to the 6.8

I haven't heard anyone mention LMT is this not a good 6.8 combo? I was thinking about going this direction. My $.02

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com Team Member

It would be a disservice to not mention Bison... another quality option on par with those already mentioned.
    "Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses"

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdan View Post
    I haven't heard anyone mention LMT is this not a good 6.8 combo? I was thinking about going this direction. My $.02
    LMT is one of the last stragglers who are still using the obsolete SAAMI chamber specs. I don't know whether they offer the M4 feed ramps either... and, their barrel is probably the 1:10 twist.

The preferred hardware is SPC II or another of the upgraded spec'd chambers. The M4 feedramps ensure proper feeding, and the 1:11-1:12 twist barrels promote an increase in velocity and a decrease of pressure from given loads. You would be well seved to seek these in order to take advantage of the full potential of the 6.8 caliber. The 6.8 in the traditional barrel lengths respond best to a mid-length gas system.
    Last edited by Ratdog68; 11-20-2010 at 12:43 AM.
    NRA Life Member
    Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
    Politicians=Diapers: Full of the Same Thing and in Need of Frequent Changing.
    The 6.8 is the fastest growing cartridge and #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15.

AR Performance, ARP, However you label it, nothing but the best in AR15 Barrels

68Forums.com Team Member

Dang... double post.

I would suggest reading through the stickied threads and read up on things before spending money on a 6.8 rig.
    NRA Life Member
    The 6.8 is the fastest growing cartridge and #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15.

68Forums.com Team Member

I agree with RD. It would be best to stick with a rifle with Spec II chamber. It allows for hotter loads.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

New to the 6.8

RatDog, I want to thank you for the advice I'm new to the 6.8 rifle. I will be using the upper for hunting and getting started
    on the build. Would you suggest possibly a Noveske barrel or maybe Wilson?
    Thanks Dan

Banned

WOA, GTS, or Rainier Arms for the best 6.8 uppers made.

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdan View Post
    RatDog, I want to thank you for the advice I'm new to the 6.8 rifle. I will be using the upper for hunting and getting started
    on the build. Would you suggest possibly a Noveske barrel or maybe Wilson?
    Thanks Dan
    Any of the sponsoring vendors here will take good care of you and they keep their hardware offerings current... especially Noveske, Wilson Combat, Bison, AR Performance... I (personally) opted for ARP... couldn't be happier.
    NRA Life Member

Search tags for this page

6 8 spc upper

68 spc upper

ar performance complete upper

best ar

upper

Click on a term to search for related topics.