Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    68Forums.com Team Member

Default Smallbore silhouette rifle

Here's some pictures of my Anschutz 1712 smallbore silhouette rifle. I installed custom Marvin Pearson scope rings and my new Leupold 6.5-20 EFR with custom 1/2 minute dot CPC reticle. All finished ready to compete. The scope rings can be a max height of 1.5" above the receiver. So I'm right in spec. The more erect your head the less you wobble.

Jason

68Forums.com lifer

Looks nice. I know very little about silhouette shooting, but it would be a good excuse to buy another gun.
    You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success. Act like it.

68Forums.com Team Member

Here's a great site on Silhouette competition. http://members.cox.net/riflesilhouette/about/intro.html
    Jason

68Forums.com Team Member

Just from seeing this, I shot off an email to my father with the link in it. He's a machinist and has a hell of a shop, since he's a high school industrial arts teacher now, and will cut some of these out on his plasma cutter. This looks very interesting to me. We always come up with crazy targets, and found out that 400 plate steel, rather dense, can take a bullet as long as its going below 3000fps, after that it cuts through like butter.

Haha, but yeah, thanks for the info, and you have an amazing looking rifle there, now time to post targets!!

68Forums.com Team Member

what no Pharr stock?
    Last edited by nemohunter; 04-08-2010 at 10:38 PM.
    we have domestic enemies in this country and i'm gonna name names........ Ignorance, apathy, and laziness. -EEL

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by nemohunter View Post
    what no Pharr stock?
    Maybe on my next one. I'm addicted to rimfires. Now I need a good semi-auto. You know anyone that might know a thing or 2 about them? I need to save up and see what we can come up with.

I've added these to my collection over the last 6 months or so.

Anschutz 1712
    Anschutz 1702 17HM2
    CZ 452 american 22lr
    CZ 452 american 17HM2
    Kimber 82G
    NS522
    Jason

68Forums.com Team Member

find the right rifle to build off of right from the start it will save a ton of time and $$$ chasing down parts.
    we have domestic enemies in this country and i'm gonna name names........ Ignorance, apathy, and laziness. -EEL

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by jasonpeterson View Post
    Here's some pictures of my Anschutz 1712 smallbore silhouette rifle. I installed custom Marvin Pearson scope rings and my new Leupold 6.5-20 EFR with custom 1/2 minute dot CPC reticle. All finished ready to compete. The scope rings can be a max height of 1.5" above the receiver. So I'm right in spec. The more erect your head the less you wobble.
    that's what she said......

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by dredge View Post
    that's what she said......
    Jason

6.8 SPC Lover

Quote Originally Posted by jasonpeterson View Post
    Maybe on my next one. I'm addicted to rimfires. Now I need a good semi-auto. You know anyone that might know a thing or 2 about them? I need to save up and see what we can come up with.
    Check out the T/C Classic Benchmark, oh my very very accurate right out of the box. About the only thing needed on it is a trigger tweaking. The Benchmark is my Racoon killer with dozens of head shots. While mine is bone stock it shoots tiny arse groups, way better than my slightly worked 10/22.

Oh very nice rifle you have pictured here, though that scope does look mightly high. What kind of trigger pull on that puppy?