6.8 SPC Forums banner

AR Stoner barrels

60K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  CaseyJ 
#1 ·
Who is really making barrels with the AR-Stoner registered name? There are some at Midway, and one other place I found, so I don't think it is strictly a "MidwayUSA" name brand.

#2 ·
I am not sure who makes the barrels but Wheeler Engineering products are also sold by other companies.

#24 ·
Not sure where I got this info, apparently someone bought a barrel from midway that was AR Stoner and had issues so they PM'd me a few times, sorry if it was incorrect, but that was long ago and I do not recall who the information was from. I've been inactive on the internet forums due to work keeping me busy and a wife and kids keeping me even busier. Hope all. Is well on the boards brother's!

#4 ·
Shaw makes very good production barrels, with the right spec's(unlike the M1S 6.8 barrel) they are as good as any from what I have seen.

I noticed Midway has an AR Stoner .223/5.56 16" CHF barrel for half the price as most, I wounder if it's just as good a barrel as say a DD or BCM?

#5 ·
bump this up for a few more questions. they have the 6.8 barrels in the midway flier this month. anybody know what gas systems these things have? the 12 twist has my interest as does the decent price tag.

#6 · (Edited)
Damn good specs on the AR-Stoner barrel, 16" SS, Spec-II chamber, 1:12 twist, 5R rifling,with head spaced bolt, not bad for $275.00

ETA: Noticed on the 20" model which has all the same specs except is says
M4 Feed Ramps: NO

#8 ·
For $279.99, why not just buy an AR Performance barrel for the SAME price, but better specs.

http://www.ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/550

16" lightweight "recon" profile, 6.8 X43 chamber, 5R rifling, 11.25 twist, nitro-carburized(QPQ), gas port drilled, muzzle threaded 5/8-24, COMBO W/ 6.8 I.T.S. 9310 BOLT ASSEMBLY

top barrel is the 6.8 x 43 .700 under the guard and .600 from the gas block to muzzle.

#9 ·
For $279.99, why not just buy an AR Performance barrel for the SAME price, but better specs.

http://www.ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/550

16" lightweight "recon" profile, 6.8 X43 chamber, 5R rifling, 11.25 twist, nitro-carburized(QPQ), gas port drilled, muzzle threaded 5/8-24, COMBO W/ 6.8 I.T.S. 9310 BOLT ASSEMBLY

top barrel is the 6.8 x 43 .700 under the guard and .600 from the gas block to muzzle.
The ARP deal is better but the Midway are SS. For those of us here, we know what is the best. The Midway offering is actually one of the better offerings for those who have not found this site.

#11 ·
all these companies using 1-11.25's and 1-12 3 grooves after you designed the blanks kinda annoys me....

#13 ·
Got to love the gun industry.... you just need to get your own barrel cutters and produce them yourself.... sure they wont be cheap but you wont have to worry about anyone leaking the info.

#17 ·
10-4. Rifling can be called to be any twist one wants. I believe it is all computer controlled CNC machines, and if you want 1 in 11.50 twist, or 1 in 12.25 twist, all ti takes is to reset the model and you are good to go. The next step, of course is the rifling used, which most barrel blank makers have access to a few options. And, like Harrison said, it's a matter of getting the chamber made to spec. But, folks like Harrison take extra care that when you get your finished rifle barrel or upper it is according to specs that they have outlined, so there are no surprises.

Besides, you have one AR-15 chamber that is already proprietary, the 6.5 Grendel by Alexander Arms, and look how that is controlled. On the good side, at least there are no different chamber designationis, etc etc but on the other hand, eveyone that produces a barrel or upper in 6.5 mm Grendel pretty much has to be licensed to do so, which adds extra costs.

#22 ·
Looks like you may have had a little more engine than the guy in front the way you cut the lead through the x, I would say that could get a little hairy.
MotoGP, Rock Crawling, Rock Racing and Desert off and on depending on how beat up I am.
Too old for the bikes now though, kids think they are bullet proof, I know better.....now.

#23 ·
Funny how when you get older you get smarter..... Yeah I run in an "Open" class where the engine is unlimited. You can't tell from the video buy I sit in the center of the car which just gives me a little peace of mind. LOL.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.