PDA

View Full Version : armalite 6.8mm?

jdelong@vt.edu
02-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Does anyone have any experience with Armalite's 6.8mm? Hands-on? Other? Thanks!

ArtFWTx
02-22-2011, 11:20 PM
Great specs. Probably the best specs from the major AR manufacturers offering 6.8 products. Good barrel steel, lapped barrels, chrome lining 4-groove 11 twist, spc II chamber, midlength gas. All good. Not many out there so buy if you're looking at it.

jdelong@vt.edu
02-23-2011, 08:32 AM
thanks! I have my eye on one at about $915, which seems like a good deal to me. I have not been able to find many reviews or anything on it which makes me nervous, but from what I have read on other posts (mostly on their 5.56 and AR-10's), they have great customer service. Thanks again!

ArtFWTx
02-23-2011, 11:04 AM
That's a good price. Armalite ARs are good values for the money. Tim Rookert with Armalite is on this forum. He spends most of his time in Armalite's Industry section in AR15.com. If you have any specific Armalite questions, you can reach him through Armalite's technical contact email, or customer service email on Armalite's website.

Like I mentioned before, Armalite has "all" of the 6.8 barrel and rifle specs for using higher performance ammunition like SSA's tactical loads and warmer but still safe handloads if you get into reloading.

$915, I'd buy one for sure.

jdelong@vt.edu
02-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks all. I bought it this morning, and in fact Tim answered some questions for me already. Not to drag the thread on too much, but any input on C-Products mags? I found a handful at $12 a piece so I picked them up. I've read good and bad about them, so just curious...Thanks!

ArtFWTx
02-23-2011, 01:10 PM
C-Prod magazines work well for most shooters. Many here have them just because they are reliable and priced well below PRI and Barrett magazines. PRI and Barrett are good mags too. PRI allows handloaders to load a little longer cartridges, and Barretts are true 30 rounders that are very tough.

As to C-Prods, sometimes they need a little tweaking. Some have replaced the springs with stronger magazine springs from Wolf and others. If you replaced the springs, you're still way under PRI and Barrett's pricing. Also, more so on older C-Prods, some have had to tweak the feed lips ever so slightly to get a better alignment with the bullet tip pointed more towards the feed ramp area. IIRC the 15 rounders tend to be more finicky, and the 25 rounders tend to be the most reliable.

Almost everyone here uses C-Products, and many have a mix of the three brands. You should be good to go with them.

jdelong@vt.edu
02-23-2011, 01:18 PM
awesome, thanks for the help and guidance. I'm looking forward to getting the Armalite in and tested.

ArtFWTx
02-23-2011, 01:19 PM
You're welcome. Congrats on the new Armalite.

tbready
02-23-2011, 06:44 PM
I have an older 1/10 4 groove and modified the chamber from SAAMI to SPC II. It runs great and is a solid platform, accurate to.

Jamesb74
02-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Welcome and congrats on the new stick. Let us know how she shoots.